Staff from across government departments and infrastructure delivery agencies can further develop their commercial capability through a course being delivered by Office of Projects Victoria (OPV).
The two-day Commercial Capability Training course was developed with input from Victoria’s infrastructure delivery agencies and is facilitated by specialist infrastructure advisory firm BRS.
Key topics covered include:
- Understanding of the construction industry supply chain and market dynamics;
- Public value and a customer centric approach;
- Procurement models, strategy and planning;
- How consultants and contractors price work;
- Tender evaluation;
- High performing project teams; and
- Contract and variation management tips.
Attendees come from a range of different roles, including project management, commercial, legal, procurement, and stakeholder engagement. The course is targeted at VPS 5/6 level staff and above.
For further information about the course and details on how staff can register, please email enquiries@OPV.vic.gov.au or call 03 7005 9130.